Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Holidays

We had a nice Christmas. There was snow on the ground part of the day, and we got more again the next day. We didn’t go all out on gifts, only a few items for each child – and nothing with many pieces. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve after church, and then we went to be with my husband’s family on Christmas day. The kids enjoyed all that we gave them. Rueben’s mom bought him a digital camera so he recorded the kids opening their gifts. They love watching themselves! Grandma mostly got the kids clothing, but she did get Abby a bike. Uncle Mauno got Robert one this past summer from a yard sale on his bus route, and there has been arguing about who rides it. Abby rode her bike in circles around Grandma’s sofa, and later around our kitchen table. She now lets Robert ride it, since it is a few days old, and he is getting the hang of how to ride. Once our mud dries up, we will take the bikes out around the neighborhood. While Abby’s is still new and clean, I am allowing them to ride it around the house.

We spent our New Years day working around the house and going to a big family gathering on my husband’s side. He tried to tell me who people were and how they are related to us, but I doubt that I will remember.

The baby’s crib has been sanded and painted. Now we need to buy a mattress. I feel more ready now, and I am ready for this baby to be born. I’m having plenty of Braxton-hicks contractions, and some are quite uncomfortable. Josiah tries to climb on my lap, but there isn’t much room for him right now. Abby is excited that it is January and baby sister is coming. She keeps asking questions like, “When will baby sister be as big as me?”

Josiah’s vocabulary is improving and expanding almost daily. He is putting together two word sentences. He is on the road to becoming a talker like Abigail!! Abby bugs me any day I decide not to have school, so we have continued our “school” though the holidays. It gives me something to keep them occupied. Today we finished the first phonics book that I bought this past summer at an Amish book store. The kids were very excited about this accomplishment, and I was too. There is a book two in the set, but I think I’ll wait to start that one after the baby comes. We have plenty to keep us busy in the meantime.

With baby coming I will probably not post much this month. I will try to have pictures on as soon as possible after the birth.

2 comments:

B 2 said...

Julia,

I read through your blog, and you certainly seem dedicated to those children.

I just wondered why you would follow Zsuszanas blog...she is teaching her children hate and intolerance.

Julia said...

I follow Zsuszana blog because I believe she stand for what is right, and she is my friend!

There is nothing wrong with teaching your children to hate what is wrong and to not tolerate evil. (Psalms 97:10)
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.


Hate is not a sin. God hates wrong behavior!! (Nahum 1:2)
God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.