Sunday, October 12, 2008

Out of the mouth of babies

Children see things in a different light than what we do. It is sometimes very funny the things they come up with on their own.

When the workmen were here putting the pipe through the wall for our pellet stove, Abby and Robert saw the insulation in the wall. Not knowing what it was they came and asked me, "Why is there trash in the wall." How do you explain that to a three year old? I tried to explain it, but they still call it "trash in the wall". When I told my husband that evening, he thought it was hilarious, and he now calls it "trash in the wall" too.

The other night my husband was trying to get Rueben to hurry and come help him so he told Rueben, "Hurry we're burning day light."
Abby heard this statement and went to the door and called out to her dad, "Dad, we’re not burning daylight. It's already dark outside."
Gabe answered her, "I was wondering what was going on."

This is just two examples, but they are constantly doing and saying cute, funny things. Sometimes the constant questions get to be too much, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

No comments: