Monday, September 8, 2008

We have a butterfly!

Last night after we got home from church I noticed that the chrysalis had started to change colors. It was no longer green, but black and orange.
Then this afternoon shortly after lunch Abby and I got to watch the butterfly emerge from the chrysalis!
It hung upside down, resting, letting the wings dry for a while.
Then it climbed to the jar rim. I got it to climb onto my finger and I took it outside to release it.
The other chrysalis should hatch tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Zsuzsanna said...

Thank you for documenting this all in photos and posting them for everyone! I have never seen anything like this before, it's just amazing.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I have never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing.