Monday, September 15, 2008

Chicken coop is finished

Last week we put on the last lock to keep them safe from dogs and cats and whatever else would want to eat fresh chicken. The only thing not done is the nest boxes, but we won’t have eggs until next spring. We can add those later..

I will put it on the to-do list for when my dad visits this fall. He doesn’t like to sit around, so a long to-do list makes him happy. I already have a request for him to build toddler size bunk beds for my boys. I’m not ready to have Robert on a top bunk of a twin size bunk bed, so I asked Dad if he could design a smaller version of what he build for my brother’s girls.

Our next project is to rebuild the rabbit’s cage. It got knocked over by the wind. It still functions, but it is in sad shape.

The kids love to feed weeds to the chickens.

No comments: