Monday, August 18, 2008

My first Blog

Hello, I am new to blogging. I have enjoyed reading posts of friends and thought I'd try it myself. I am a stay at home mom, and I love it! My husband and I met at church, and have been married over four years. We have four children plus one on the way. Before I got married I taught at our church's school. I have a master's degree in education from Hyles-Anderson.I home school Rueben, my step-son. He was struggling with Christian School, bringing loads of homework home every day, and barely passing each grade. After discussing it and we decided to give home schooling a try. It worked, after a few wrinkles were ironed out, and we are about to begin our third year. Rueben still struggles with the work, but I can usually answer his questions quickly whenever they come up. We use the Landmark Freedom Curriculum from Haynes City, FL. Since he is in high school, we registered him in their school so there are official records being kept.I have three year old twins - Abigail and Robert. Abby is outgoing, friendly, and always into something. Robert is more laid back and quiet. He watches Abby and follows what ever she does. I am working on teaching them phonics. About a year ago Abby started pointing out "a, b, c, d's". I thought if she recognizes that there are letters maybe I should start teaching their names and sounds. She picked it up quickly and Robert learn them, too, but not as quickly. Now Abby has started reading simple words like (hat, dog, and , bed), and Robert is not far behind her.Josiah is 18 months and busy keeping up with the twins. He started walking at 10 months, and now he loves try to do everything they are doing.

No comments: